Action Station development at Broadbottom ________________________________________
On 27 March 2023, 18 people took part in a site tour of Broadbottom Station and wider discussions to share thoughts and feedback on the evolving concept to develop the Action Station project.
Flourish Together, a not-for-private-profit organisation working across Greater Manchester, led this initial visit and is being supported by The Station Alliance; combining TfGM (Transport for Greater Manchester), Northern Rail, Network Rail and others, plus GMCVO to carry out feasibility research. See more about wider Action Station work they are involved with on their website.
They are exploring redeveloping the space into a social enterprise creative hub along, with several partners. The initial concept combines:
- a community cafe/bakery and bar/pub with a varied menu, live music and performance space
- a Creative and Digital hub and Media suite including podcasting and editing facilities
- a series of health, wellbeing and creative support services and events
- social enterprise and business start-up training and development services
- co-working space options
- a range of hireable rooms for parties, training sessions, conferences and events
- Plus potentially create a residential apartment with its own private access
- create a social enterprise providing a range of amenities
Nickala Torkington, Managing Director at Flourish Together CIC said “We appreciate people taking the time to be part of these consultations – which are essential for bringing people together, gathering information and enabling us to co-design a plan for the redundant building at Broadbottom Station based on community needs and views.”
The consultation process will be ongoing throughout 2023 and the next conversation is planned to take place online, via Zoom, towards the beginning of May. If you would like details email firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Meanwhile, please see a summary of feedback (via clicking the link) from the discussions on the 27 March, and the project planning team would also welcome your views via completing an anonymous online survey; click here to take part.
As plans progress, we will keep you updated & informed; if you have any further questions or contributions in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact: email@example.com